Sunday, March 31, 2013

For Core i7 I’m confused …?

Question created by SandwHich Baloney: I’m confused about the Core i7…?

I always thought that the Core i7 was a quad-core processor but each core could process two threads simultaneously so basically it has four physical cores but each of those cores is like a 2-in-1 package, so basically it delivers the performance as if it had 8 cores. I was thinking about buying a MacBook Air so I went to the Apple store section and started configuring it. Then I noticed one of the processor options was “1.8 Ghz dual-core Intel Core i7.” This made me so confused!!!!!! I thought all Core i7s were quad-core!! Either Apple made a mistake on their website or there’s a lot more to the i7 than I knew about! Could someone please clarify? Thanks.


Actually facts about I’m confused about the Core i7…? which you may really have to solve situations without any help. Thought to be able you will find in several ways: creating your life better. Who want facts about I’m confused about the Core i7…? is likely to be the most effective results sooner or later.

Best solution:


Answer by Malaika Ferns

Seems like apple has made a mistake unless intel manufactures custom processors for apple


Answer by SilverTonguedDevil

The i7 group of processors come in 2, 4, or 6 cores.


http://ark.intel.com/products/47933/Intel-Core-i7-970-Processor-%2812M-Cache-3_20-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI%29 (i7 970X 6 cores)

http://ark.intel.com/products/58664/Intel-Core-i7-980-Processor-%2812M-Cache-3_33-GHz-4_8-GTs-Intel-QPI%29 (i7 980 6 cores)

http://ark.intel.com/products/47932/Intel-Core-i7-980X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-%2812M-Cache-3_33-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI%29 (i7 980X 6 cores)

http://ark.intel.com/products/52585/Intel-Core-i7-990X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-%2812M-Cache-3_46-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI%29 (i7 990X 6 cores)


Answer by Allan

It should be noted that the ability of a particular CPU to “hyperthread” is NOT like

having two cores, but more akin to “multitasking” like a human checking their e-mail

while on hold on the phone.


Essentially it allows the core to do something else while it’s waiting for say… a hard drive write to finish for the drive to read the next batch of data.


So it isn’t even true “mult-itasking”, but more a “time sharing” setup to reduce the idle time

of the CPU core.


And since very few applications that people run really take complete advantage of

multiple cores…. let alone need to multi-task those cores as well.


It seems like a good idea, but practical applications for most users will be elusive.


Like giving your grandmother a car capable of doing 200miles an hour.


you wanna have it yourself, but likely you’ll be like the orthodontist who can

finally own a new Corvette then he drives it at the speed limit…. kinda pointless.


I do video file conversion and my software uses all four cores of my Q9450

(which does not Hyperthread) but I have other computers if I want to check

my e-mail (or ebay auctions) while a conversion is running.


AD


Be sure far better?

Add the answer at the comments!


English subtitles available. Тест архитектуры Ivy Bridge. Сравнительное тестирование процессоров Intel Core i7 3770K, Intel Core i7 2700K, Intel Core i7 3820…


For Core i7 I’m confused …?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive