Friday, March 29, 2013

“Core i7″ without changing my motherboard and how I “I5 core” CPU can be upgraded??

Trouble courtesy of Aymanzz: Can i upgrade my cpu from “Core i5″ to “Core i7″ without changing my motherboard and HOW ?!?

cpu upgrade from i5 to i7


This is certainly important facts about Can i upgrade my cpu from “Core i5″ to “Core i7″ without changing my motherboard and HOW ?!? you will are required to solve difficulties for their own reasons. Perhaps this can help in many ways, and start making everything better. Praying important facts about Can i upgrade my cpu from “Core i5″ to “Core i7″ without changing my motherboard and HOW ?!? may possibly be a simple solution someday.

Best solution:


Answer by Austin

Depends on what model of each you are using, i can help you if you tell me what model motherboard and processor you are using.


Answer by Arvind

If your motherboard can support i7 too, then you can just buy an i7, and then just replace your i5.


Else you cant., but since, its i5, i guess your motherboard will also support i7


Its so simple to replace. but better dont play with it. let a good service guy or your friend who knows it, do for you


Answer by Leor Roynsky

Any model of the Sandy Bridge intel core i3, i5 and i7 processors all need a motherboard that has a 1155 socket. I am assuming that you are currently using a core i5 processor. If that is the case you should have no problem switching from i5 to i7 with your current motherboard.


If you don’t know what you’re doing take it to a professional. Don’t screw your CPU up because you didn’t know how to put it in properly, the pins on the CPU bend very easily and one pin broken is a dead CPU.


Answer by Who Am I

Yes, there is an option for that.


Download and use this program to identify your CPU socket


http://www.cpuid.com/


I presumed if your motherboard support Core i5, it will either have

LGA 1156 (1st generation) socket or LGA 1155 (2nd generation) socket.


STAY AWAY from Core i7 CPU that uses LGA 1366 and LGA 2011 socket.

These socket are high-end and are exclusive for the i7 series only.


LOOK FOR Core i7 CPU that use LGA 1156 socket (Example: i7-860 , i7-870 ) and LGA 1155 socket (Example: i7-2600K , i7-2600 )


BE AWARE! MAKE SURE THE CORE i7 CPU SOCKET IS THE IDENTICAL TO THE CPU SOCKET ON YOUR MOTHERBOARD OR IT WILL NOT WORK.


(Example: LGA 1155 socket is for Core i7 with LGA 1155 socket and vice versa)


Replacing a CPU is really easy but be cautious though. Checkout this video, its old but it cover all the basic that you need to do since CPU have only change a few :


(Skip to 08:15 for Intel)


Here’s a newer video with a LGA 1155 motherboard.


(Skips to 05:44)


Understand or know a lot better?

Add your own personal answer within a comments!


Apple Mac Mini Late 2012 Core i7 2.6GHz 16GB RAM Upgrade & Benchmark … the new 2012 Mac Mini flies when it comes to performance. Check out this first look,…


“Core i7″ without changing my motherboard and how I “I5 core” CPU can be upgraded??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive