Thursday, March 28, 2013

Be a better computer?

Idea written by •Poppy•: Which is going to be the better computer?

I go to college in the fall, and was looking at getting a new laptop to take with me. Our family has had Dell computers for years, and has done very well with them, so it’s likely going to be a Dell computer that I go with.


I was looking at this computer:


http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/laptop-studio-1450/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-studio-1450&s=dhs&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~laptop-studio-1450-cto1~~


Which I liked because it was a good size, has a disk drive on the side; comes in a good color and seems like it would be just all-around the right computer for me. Then again, I’m not very computer-savvy…I can get it with a “core i5″ for $ 200 cheaper, or “corei7″ for more..but I’ve been told that “core i7″ would be faster.


Anyway, my father, who is a bit more computer-savvy, wants me to get this computer:


http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/alienware-m11x?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn


He says it’s a better all-around computer for the price, he likes the look and thinks it would be fast and exactly what I need. In fact, he’s really stubborn and refuses to help me make a real decision (he’s very “my way or the highway”.


Personally, I’m not for the “alienware” computer, not just because it’s not very attractive and, despite being 11″ seems really thick, but also because I’m not looking for a gaming computer in any way, shape, or form…and I’m not drawn to it (call me vain). My brother also has an “alienware” desktop computer..it was very expensive, and he hates it…says it’s slow, and the internet doesn’t work quite right.


I’m looking for a computer that I can use Microsoft Office on, as well as the internet. I want to be able to use it for school work and some basic gaming, but that’s about it. I already have a computer that I’m leaving at home that I can do gaming on, which I don’t think I will.


Help?


This can be interesting facts about Which is going to be the better computer? that you might need to have to clear up troubles alone. Subsequently this helps in several ways: that will create your life much better. Desiring interesting facts about Which is going to be the better computer? could be a method in to the future.

Most practical answer:


Answer by PEEONATREE

Unless your dad will be paying for your pc, I recommend the cheaper one you wanted. It sounds like he wants you to get it so he can play with it worth processor need motherboard Microsoft Office m11x LCD laptop know HIGHLY help good desktop Computer better Apple answer Alienware Be a better computer? httpdesktopi7 blogspot com


First of all, an i5 or i7 is a bit of a waste on an 11inch laptop. Desktops are better all around machines for gaming because you can upgrade everything, where as in about 3 years, your top of the line gaming laptop cannot have its motherboard and Graphics card replaced. ( you could send it in, but that would cost more money than it is worth.)


Second, a 11″ inch keyboard is not much fun to play on. Your 14 inch choice would be much better for usual school work, like making PoweraPoints.My opinion, if you get a notebook under 12″ you may as well get a cheap netbook. The small display is a big disadvantage while working. Alienware computers can be good, but are definitely overpriced and overrated (more than Apple computers).


If you do end up with the little alienware, it would be good to get a second external monitor, and use it like you would for a desktop. The more powerful laptop you have then the better. You can use microsoft office on both.


Make sure you get a laptop with a dvd drive so you can easily install your programs., it doesn’t look like the alienware has one.


Answer by EB

The Alienware will be more portable and give you better battery life (it has a low voltage processor). The Alienware also has switable graphics so it can use intel graphics to save battery. The only reason I wouldn’t buy one is because of the 11 inch screen. The Studio 14 is less efficient with is quad core processor (and 45nm manufacturing process) and using dedicated graphics all the time (the graphics in the Alienware is better, but for what you are doing the graphics in the studio will be fine). For what you are doing the Alienware is a more efficient computer, but don’t get it if you won’t be comfortable with the 11 inch screen.


Answer by Schmemdog

I don’t know much about alienware, but the dell is hit or miss. I’ve had a defective dell, and an extremely great, reliable, tough fast laptop.


I will reccomend another option though- lenovo. I have a U330 ideapad and couldn’t be happier. Their thinkpads are known in business as the gold standard for a tough, powerful, reliable computer. Mine is lighter than a macpro, and made of an aluminum-zinc composite, so it withstands a beating. Ultra quiet, never gets hot, and have a beautiful matte, backlit LCD screen. Since you’re using it for school, I would HIGHLY recommend a matte screen- the glossy is pretty, but very hard to see in sunlight or bright fluorescent.


Here’s their site:


http://shop.lenovo.com/us/special-offers?cid=us|semd|ggl|us_sl_lenovo_ex_en|t16A38|s&adid=8084879161


Have any idea greater?

Leave your own individually styled answer inside a comments!


It’s not cheap, but it’s definitely FAST! CA: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=77899 US: http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=77899.


Be a better computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive