Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Upgrade the processor in my gaming PC?

Topic caused by Nicholas M: Upgrading my processor for my gaming PC?

I run Windows XP.


I have a Dell XPS 400 from around 2005-2006.

I have an ATI HD4670 graphics card and maxed out RAM.

I still lag badly in Bad Company 2 but MW2 has no lag. both are on lowest settings.

COD4 has no lag on the highest settings and with ~40 players in MP.

I want to upgrade my processor because that’s what I think the problem is. I have the 2.8Ghz single core Intel processor that came in the computer.


I have barely any money to spend so I need a cheap new processor. If there arent any good and cheap ones just suggest the least pricey and I will save up for it.


If you don’t think the processor is the weak point then please tell me what I should upgrade instead.

Thanks


This is definitely guidance on Upgrading my processor for my gaming PC? that you might aspire to solve complications with their. Thought to be able this helps in many ways, and to make yourself greater. Who want guidance on Upgrading my processor for my gaming PC? are generally an option later on in life.

Solution:


Answer by The Dukenator

How much system RAM do you have?

Even if you have a good enough processor & video card, less RAM will cause lag issues.


Answer by Matt

Get an Intel i3. It’s faster than the i5 & i7 but can’t really multi-task but it’s cheaper.


Answer by Denzor

Dual Core:


As stated above “Intel i3″ will be the best choice for the moment at it’s price and performance as a dual core.

Here is the link with the product: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Processor-integrated-Graphics-Warranty/dp/B0030DN1GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270856596&sr=8-1


Quad Core:


Theres mid-range quad Q6600 processor with a fair price.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Q6600-Core2-2-4GHz-Processr/dp/B000LRMR26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270857012&sr=1-1


If you want to get a high-end quad core processor, which is called “i7″: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-i7-860-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002KQBC0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270857168&sr=1-1


Answer by ace2r5678898

Well, there are several bad things that come with a new processor. First, you need to upgrade RAM, Second, you may have to upgrade the specific hard drive you have to a different one that is compatible with the processor. You may even have to upgrade the graphics card so its not worth it. After 5 years, I am sure the warranty is already expired, but it would usually void the warranty as well.


Learn much better?

Leave your own special answer into the comments!


Lenovo’s newest Helix tablet uses ultrabook-class Intel Ivy Bridge chip.


Presentación Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition | 10


Look by just Presentación Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition | 10


Presentación en Chile del nuevo procesador Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition.

18/03/2010


Proyecciones de lanzamiento.


Upgrade the processor in my gaming PC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive