Monday, April 1, 2013

Formula in Excel, I Need Help?

Subject caused by C: I need help with an Excel formula?

I have a spreadsheet where I need to calculate how many miles our trucks drive in different tax jurisdictions. It’s set up so that column I5 is filled with either VA, DC, MD, or PA. For each day, a truck driver writes his starting mileage in VA on row 5, then his odometer reading for MD on row 6 (starting mileage in H5, ending in K5), DC on line 7, etc.


Then, column L is K5-H5, showing the number of miles driven in that jurisdiction on this leg.


I now want to take the information, and produce a formula or function that says:


If I5 = VA, copy the value of L5 and paste it into X5.


Then in Y5, I will repeat the formula, changing VA to DC. In Z5 it will be MD, etc.


How do I write this?


Truly guidance on I need help with an Excel formula? that you’ll will have to resolve complications theirselves. Thought to be able you will find in lots of ways: and help make yourself significantly better. Thinking guidance on I need help with an Excel formula? are generally simple solution to come back.

Most practical answer:


Answer by Doreen

Enter this formula in X5:

=IF(I5=”VA”,L5,0)


Enter this in Y5:

=IF(I6=”DC”,L6,0)


In Z5 enter:

=IF(I7=”MD”,L7,0)


In AA5 enter:

=IF(I8=”PA”,L8,0)


Learn far better?

Add your ultimate answer in the comments!


Presentación Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition | 02


Shot by Presentación Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition | 02


Presentación en Chile del nuevo procesador Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition.

18/03/2010


Hugo, Franz y Monse.


Formula in Excel, I Need Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive